Trayvon Martin (II)

20 Apr

Just a few points I wanted to express about the Trayvon Martin case. No particular order. No pseudo-activism. If you’re light skinned and under 6ft. I don’t expect you to feel me and we can’t engage in conversations about race relations in America. You aren’t a threat.

For starters, I hope everyone understands that by charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter, they have all but insured that he gets off. Unless there is evidence out there we don’t know about, he is not getting convicted of 2nd degree murder. 2nd degree murder has to prove “depravity” from what I understand. Manslaughter is a no brainer. It’s the old banana in the tailpipe move.

Sybrina Fulton [Trayvon’s mother] needs better representation and just needs to be on hush mode until she’s needed in trial. Saying that she thinks the fatal shooting of her son was an accident was terrible and appearing on Bill O’ Reilly’s bigot ass show was even worse. You can’t convict 2nd degree murder off of an accident. If her goal is to see Zimmerman do real time, she really needs to shut up. Next thing you know Zimmerman’s people will piggy back the defense, claim it was a horrible accident, and he’ll spend 40 months locked up instead of life. The Martin’s need better handlers. That Spanglish speaking lawyer can’t be too much help if he can’t even master the language. He may be incompetent. He maybe somebody’s cousin. I don’t know but he’s a councilor he’s supposed to council the family on what to say. Lawyer fail.

I didn’t get my hopes up when he was arrested and now Zimmerman’s bond is $150,000. The black reaction must be hilarious to the judicial system. Zimmerman’s donations from his fuck ass website can easily cover his freedom. The fantastic part is that he only has to pay 10% of his bail so a murderer is free on 15,000.

Fuck Zimmerman. He has too much support for being dead wrong. Even if Trayvon did in fact look suspicious [LOOK suspicious] how do you justify killing someone who you THINK is about to do wrong?

I’m not feeling any of it. The stage seems to be set for Zimmerman to walk.

I wish that people cared about the dead bodies in their own zip codes as much as they did about the ones they see on national news. People are upset about this case and rightfully so, but they forgot about Troy Davis, Tarika Wilson, Robert Tolan and Sean Bell already. People don’t care about changes in their neighborhoods until someone who isn’t from their hood changes things. That shit is backwards as hell. I’m not saying don’t care about issues like this at all, but people bypass the same crucial shit that happens on their yard but will rally to the death for strangers miles away. Al Sharpton got y’all in fucking LaLa land.

The same shit has been going on in the black community for at least the last 4 decades. There are states in the Union where we are one vote away from bein 3/5 of a person again. When I see people talking about how it is now, it just means they don’t know their own history.

No matter what we do, we aren’t going to change stereotypes. Black stereotypes were not based on fact, were not created by us, and are perpetuated by a nation who believes in them. It’s a lost fight. This case is taking place in Florida. The same Sunshine State that let Casey Anthony skate. If we can’t get justice for a helpless, white toddler, the fuck makes you think we’re gonna get justice for a 6ft. teenage black male? Just live life and keep it pushing.

You don’t have to agree with shit I’m saying. I’m just throwing my 2 cents in the air and letting it hit the ground. You pick it up, that’s on you.

18 Responses to “Trayvon Martin (II)”

1. Ike April 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

I agree with it all

2. Londa April 23, 2012 at 9:13 am #

I just found your blog and I love you!! You spoke nothing but the truth, the whole truth and then some more truth so help you God!!

• Apple December 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

I have one simple queiostn for you since you seem to speak with such conviction that YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT what happened .. Why is Trayvon Martin not afforded the courtesy of being INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY??? What evidence is their to support that Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman outside of HIS VERSION of what happened??? And you do realize that Zimmerman has a motive to lie about his story, right? Or are you that naive?!?What’s next asking Trayvon Martin to return from the grave and tell his side of the story . Would that be enough evidence then to warrant GZ having to defend his actions of killing an unarmed individual in a court of law in front of a jury of his peers?How do you know emphatically without a doubt that George Zimmermans injuries that he sustained we’re not as a result of Trayvon Martin defending himself from being murdered by an armed lunatic with a gun????Seriously, would you not attempt to defend yourself if someone approached you in a dark pathway on your way home!!!! Or are you saying that TM should not have the right to defend himself? And that would be because ..???And given the logic you people are applying to this case, if a rapist were to sustain injuries from a woman that is fighting him off and he were to kill her, he could claim according to HIS SIDE OF THE STORY that she went all apeshit and attacked him and he acted in self defense. And you people would all be behind his story because **ta-dawww** he has some scratches, scrapes and a little boo-boo on his head where she clocked him trying to get away!

3. GloMoGo April 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

“If we can’t get justice for a helpless, white toddler, the f**k makes you think we’re gonna get justice for a 6ft. teenage black male? Just live life and keep it pushing.”

This right here. *exits*

4. tanyetta April 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

Exactly!!!!
    ****For starters, I hope everyone understands that by charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter, they have all but insured that he gets off. ****

• Rico Law April 24, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Interesting but not really. “For starters, I hope everyone understands that by charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter, they have all but insured that he gets off.” This isn’t true, you can charge someone with one charge and convict them of a lesser charge. My cousin got charged with 1st degree but got convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Somebody tried to rob him and the other person got shot. There is no self defense law where I’m from and drugs were involved or he would have walked.

• Rico Law April 24, 2012 at 10:46 am #

“If you’re light skinned and under 6ft. I don’t expect you to feel me and we can’t engage in conversations about race relations in America. You aren’t a threat.” For real doe? That shit cray!! CTHU.

5. thesandycoveclinic April 24, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

Hi to everyone,my name is Nicholas I live in Ireland so I can’t pretend to understand the Trayvon Martin Murder.I did hear the news report that played the phone conversation between the police and his assassin.The police instructed him not to pursue Trayvon and he ignored this instruction,this resulted in a young innocent man with his whole life before him being murdered.This raises so many questions,why is their a law that allows murder to be tried as something less.When are we going to realize that racism is a poison of the mind and spirit and that the human race has many creeds colours and cultures, this poison feeds on bigotry ignorance hatred and fear.
    The best we can do as members of the human race is continue to nurture respect love and tolerance for each other,don’t let this poison infect you.
    Kind Regards
    Nicholas

6. DeeDee April 24, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

This is a horrible situation. It is so sad that human beings are treated so bad in the great “U.S. of A.” To this day I do not understand why people have so much hatred in their hearts. I am a light skinned women under 6ft tall and I do believe whites think of me as a threat, because I am smart, intelligent and I can look like them and get over on them if I want to and I have in many instances!! I learned how to use my color to my advantage in this world and I help my people too (black people).

7. JustMe April 25, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Yeah, just wanted to reiterate what Rico said. When you charge someone with an offense, it generally covers lesser included offenses. So at the end of the trial, the jury will be instructed that if they don’t believe 2nd degree murder was committed, here are some other options…then a judge will explain them manslaughter and other legal theories. Generally, prosecutors aim for the highest crime their facts can even thinly support, and it betters the chance of a prosecution getting a conviction for some crime. As an educated person, you should know that I feel. All the news outlets discussed this strategy as far as I saw so you should make an effort to be more informed.

8. X April 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

I’m 5’3 and kinda the color of honey *sue me* Totally non threatening but I try my best to compensate. So you’re my new friend in my head and we’ll argue bout how you can respect me better later. Thanks.

9. Mike April 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Question: has being lightskinned and under 6ft, stopped white people from lynching us and lift their foot from our necks?

10. Nagasaranghae April 29, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Off with Zimmerman’s head, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth! And why are people buying skittles and hoodies making their stocks go through the roof!? They mocking our Naga Trayvon – Plus over 20 nagas were killed during 3 weeks of Trayvon’s murder. Why so much air on Trayvon? – This is nothing new, how treacherous those killer cops are! Someone please tell people that marching & rallies don’t change ish! History is qualified to reward all research! Time 4 Whoa

11. stop acne on cycle September 20, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

Hi there! Thhis post could not be written much better!
    Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!

He constantly kept preaching about this. I’ll forward this information to
    him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read.
    I appreciate you forr sharing!

12. buy electronics online with payment plan September 26, 2014 at 6:11 am #

Hey just wnted to give you a brief heads up and let
    you know a few of the imaages aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think iits a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both sho the same results.

13. clash of clans trucos iphone September 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm #

whoah this weblog is wonderful i love reading your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You recognize, lots of persons are looking round for this info, you can aid them greatly.

14. Al September 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm #

Witth havin so much content and articles do you ever run into anny problems of plagorism or copyright
    violation? My website has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either authored myself or
    outsourced but it appears a loot off it is popping it up all over the
    web without myy permission. Do youu know any solutions to help stop content from being stolen?
    I’d certainly appreciate it.

15. marketing tips October 9, 2014 at 8:29 pm #

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am truly happy
    to read all at single place.